Joining a new practice is a big decision. During the job interview process, potential employers will ask you a variety of questions about your education, experience and treatment practices. But, the job interview is also a good time for you to ask questions about the practice before making any decision to accept an offer.
Here are some questions you should ask your next potential employer:
- Tell me about your compliance program. Who in the office ensures that all state regulatory requirements are being met?
- How can I be sure that the work being billed in my name is accurate?
- Am I paid based on billings or collections? If collections, how long does it take for payment to post? What is your average collection rate? Who in the office is responsible for collections?
- Tell me about your benefits? Will I be responsible for my own health insurance, disability, and other benefits?
- Describe your marketing plan for new patients. Am I responsible for a portion of that cost?
- What are your lab fees? Am I responsible? What if a piece of equipment breaks? Do I pay a portion of that?
- Describe the on-call schedule. Would I be asked to come into the office while on call to see patients?