Hunter & Spence, a full-service career consulting and recruitment firm exclusively for dentists, is proud to present their annual Scholarship Fund essay contest. A $5,000 scholarship will be awarded to one eligible U.S. student whose essay on children’s dental health challenges and solutions demonstrates excellence and meets the following criteria.
Highly Effective Essays will meet the following criteria:
- Effectively and insightfully develops a point of view on the issue and demonstrates
outstanding critical thinking, using clearly appropriate examples, reasons and other evidence
to support its position.
- Is well organized and clearly focused, demonstrating clear coherence and smooth progression
- Exhibits skillful use of language, using a varied, accurate and apt vocabulary, demonstrating
meaningful variety in sentence structure.
- Uses originality and creativity in approaching the topic.
- Essays may incorporate personal narrative (stories) to explain concepts and provide insight.
THIS SCHOLARSHIP IS OPEN TO ALL STUDENTS WHO MEET
THE FOLLOWING REQUISITE CRITERIA
- Enrolled in a U.S accredited high school, college or university in the United States
- Students must either be in the final year of high school, enrolled as an undergraduate,
or a graduate student in an U.S. accredited institution
- Considered in academic “good standing” at current institution – i.e. not on academic probation
or suspension. Minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (or equivalent)
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your information via the online application by March 29, 2019.
Start your application now! All information is required for the submission to be valid.
Multiple submissions will not be accepted
Once entries are received, they will be reviewed by a selection committee composed of managing staff members at Hunter & Spence. The decision of the panel will be based on clarity of content (30%), originality and creativity (35%), and persuasiveness (35%).
Please Note: Carefully review the requirements to be sure you qualify for this scholarship and confirm information with the program before applying. For more information, please read our official rules
March 1, 2019
March 29, 2019
One $5,000 Scholarship